Monday, December 1, 2008

A non-bun in the non-oven

I hope that all of you had a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend (by the sounds of it on your blogs, you all did). I know mine was fantastic and filled with 60 degree weather, Steve Jobs (don't ask), and not worrying about anything (which may or may not be a downfall in the upcoming weeks before finals).

I've been walking around like I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant lately. My friend from California convinced me to do this intense leg workout with him the day before I was to sit in a car for a 10 hours drive. Smart move, Kayleigh. Smart move. Now, my legs and gluteus maximus hurt so bad, I kind of just waddle my way around my apartment and up the stairs from hell (which are more hell-ish than ever before, due to my condition). It's really quite hilarious. Getting up from the couch is quite a feat.

I'm very much looking forward to the end of the next few weeks. If I can just survive finals, I think it will be a miracle. Of course, after finals, a new semester starts, which means I have to buy new books (which means a potential mandatory trip to *shudder* the BYU Bookstore....I think I would rather have a gaping head wound...ya...you heard me). And if this stupid scholarship from the state would just come through, it would make my life a whole lot easier. I'm ready to bust a cap on all these broken promises from them. They told me I would get my funding this past month, and NOTHING has come. Thank you Utah Department of Education (or whoever, technically, the scholarship comes from...I should probably look that up before bashing them...oops).

Anyways...done ranting now. I should be more thankful than I'm sounding at this point. We'll see what the rest of the day brings.

9 comments:

Whitney R said...

hahahaha, bust a cap. I hope you get your money soon.

And I know exactly how the soreness feels. I go through it at least 10 times a year. With me starting exercises.. then stopping, then starting, then stopping. ya know.

And good luck on finals. Wish me some, too. I just can't wait cause after this one is done - ONE MORE! It's such a weird feeling....

Whitney Leigh said...

Have you gone to the scholarship office at the school? They had my money stashed away for months just waiting for me to come and get it.

let's get buried together if we die during finals. P.s. Good Luck Whitney R. you'll do good just because you have an awesome name. :)

Kristina P. said...

I would love to see this pregnant walk of yours!

Jules AF said...

I just skimmed the title of this, and it freaked me out.... Don't do that to me again!

Kayleigh said...

Haha, sorry Julie. I couldn't think of a better title. I wondered about it and figured...meh. Whatever.

Whitney Leigh said...

hahah i have been fortunate enough to see this pregnant walk. Oh Kayleigh, the joy you bring to my life being my BFF. :)

Anonymous said...

What? The BYU Bookstore rocks!

Kayleigh said...

Meh. To each his own, Anonymous. You can be a fan of the BYU Bookstore and I won't judge. I just don't like them.

Whitney Leigh said...

^^ The first comment Whitney Leigh left up there is like, the least douchiest comment she's left since the start of the blog. The second comment is probably the second least douchiest. I think we're making progress.


Also- I rather look forward to the day you do get pregnant and the days to follow. and I think you should start blogging again for it so you can describe in detail how you're feeling. I think I would rather enjoy that. More than any other Mommy Blog anyway. JUST A THOUGHT.