Friday, November 21, 2008

"L" is for the way you look at Nate

This post is dedicated to Emily and Nate.

My roommate and her boyfriend, who I'm pretty sure thinks I do and/or am on an illegal substance. Or drunk. Haha. Woops.

I'm sitting here in my lovely kitchen, eating macaroni that I'm really not hungry for (story of my life these days...I eat just to eat...I'm going to end up being a million pounds by the time 2009 rolls around) and watching Emily. And Nate. Romantically making chocolate covered popcorn.

They sit there...gazing into each others' eyes, feeding each other this romantic popcorn. Now she's telling him all about how much she loves him, and wants to be with him forever. He's nodding his head and smiling, as though she's telling him something he's known since the pre-existence. They're talking about a trip to Italy they want to make one day, so they can feed each other gelatto all romantically. Pretty soon they're gonna end up making out or something, and I'm going to have to leave the kitchen.

For cute.

(For the record, that was all a lie. Pretty much the only true thing about that story was the fact they were making popcorn...and Italy was maybe mentioned in the conversation. They were just both in the kitchen with me, and I was inspired. Emily, I know you read this blog, and I'm just giving you crap for being a superhero skank...haha. And if you want me to remove this post, I will. I figured you were just facetious enough to enjoy it.)

9 comments:

Jules AF said...

I used to be a superhero skank.... but now I'm just kind of boring.

Kayleigh said...

You lost your superhero skank mojo? It happens to the best of us, I guess.

Jules AF said...

I know! You'd think that I'd have more superhero skankness since I go to the U now, but I was more of a skank at BYU. Go figure.

Kristina P. said...

I will say that Julie's best, uh, assets were in full form tonight!

Kayleigh said...

Hahahaha. Go Julie.

It's pretty ironic how BYU has the potential to bring out the "bad" in a person. I picked up a swearing habit when I first went there.

Emily J. said...

Sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. I would like to inform you:

You = Dead.

:D

Actually, this got me to laugh a lot. Then I shared it with Nate. He laughed too (but secretly he thinks you're a little insane ... I can tell). See you!

Dots said...

Funny... just stopped by to say hi.

Kayleigh said...

Uh oh. Emily, you know where I sleep...in fact, your room is about 10 feet away from mine.

I'm terrified. :)

And thanks for saying hi, Dots. Feel free to say hi whenever.

Whitney Leigh said...

I was thoroughly disappointed at the end of this that it wasn't a real scenario. I THINK I remember which one Emily was. I was just giggling at the idea of you creeping on your roommate and her boyfriend while you ate macaroni behind your laptop and typing a play-by-play.