Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bah. Humbug.

I love Christmas as much as the next person. I do. Thanksgiving is one of my favorites times of year, because it's right when Christmas starts to get in full force and that whole "spirit of Christmas" mumbo jumbo comes out. All cheesiness aside, it's kind of magical. The build up for Christmas is almost more exciting than Christmas itself, in my opinion.

But...

when I'm studying physics, feeling like my soul is getting sucked from my body (yes, physics is like the dementors in Harry Potter...it sucks out souls), I don't want to hear happy, jolly, Christmas music coming from the apartment next door.

I just don't.

I would love to hear the music when, you know, I'm done with the stupid test I have to take, and done with writing my persuasive essay. But, until then...no fun for me = no fun for anyone.

Which isn't true. And kind of selfish of me. But, you try studying physics with Bing Crosby (or whoever it was) singing "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" just five feet away from you through paper thin walls! Not an easy feat, I tell you what.

5 comments:

Jules AF said...

Don't you say bah humbug. Christmas and Physics have nothing to do with each other. But I've always thought physics was the hardest thing to get. Maybe because I never took it in high school, so it was lame in college. And I was just lazy haha. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Kristina P. said...

I've been pretty lucky. I've heard very, very little Christmas music.

Kayleigh said...

Haha, you're right. Christmas and physics are totally unrelated. I was just mad that I had to study.

And Kristina...you're lucky. The day after Halloween, I was shopping somewhere, and Christmas music was playing.

Whitney R said...

you could always bang on the wall and yell, "THANKSGIVING HASN'T EVEN HAPPENED YET! SHUT IT OFF!!!"

But then someone might have "annonymously" left something on your doorstep that said, "TO: SCROOGE"

Whitney Leigh said...

"No fun for me=no fun for anyone."

great motto. love it. ;)