Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I resent that you've made me say this, Provo, but merci beaucoup

Despite all the ups and downs that these past few weeks have brought to me, it's the little "ups" that keep me going in life. Although the "downs" can be notorious and can really drag me through the mud, even the little ups can help me through it.

Today, for instance. I grew an appreciation for having an evening class. Not only do I absolutely love the class I have at 5:00 in the evening (Humanities 101....definitely my cup of tea), but at 6:15, when my class ends, I noticed the sparsity of students on campus. Now, I can't say that for 11:00 am, when people are packed onto the sidewalks like it's nobody's business. Walking home, I was able to enjoy the beautiful weather, which was cool (but not so chilly that I got cold) and a refresher from the stuffy building I was in. There were barely any people walking around, and it was relatively quiet.

I love noise, don't get me wrong. In fact, I have a hard time falling asleep unless the television is on in the background, or I'm listening to my iPod. But occasionally, it's nice to have some...reflecting time, I guess you could call it. A good unplugging from technology is nice to have once in a while.

So, thank you, BYU campus, for being peaceful at 6:15 in the evening. It's given me at least ONE thing to like about Provo. :)

1 comment:

mariposa said...

I totally know what you mean - how it's the "ups" that keep you going :) By the way, I'm so glad you liked the poem & picture!