Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sappy

Sometimes I really love people.

Now, this didn't always used to be the case. In fact, I'd go through spiteful moods where I'd just look at humankind and think, "Honestly, everybody out there but myself is making me mad today. And even I'm pushing my luck." Not anymore, really.

I don't know what's changed in me over the past few months, but honestly, I've felt a genuine love for some people (not all people, I should interject....there are still those few who really grate on me and who I can't get along with). My roommates, for instance. Last year, I'll be honest, I didn't have the greatest roommates. Okay...there were just a couple that I had issues with. Our apartment was a mess all the time, and every single morning I woke up, I had to re-learn how to tolerate my other roommate. Kind of a joke.

Not the case this year. I love every one of my roommates. Granted, we all have our quirks and the different ways we were raised come together to fight each other, but they are fantastic people. They really are.

Now...lest this get too sappy and over-the-top, I'll throw in a little bit of bitterness...that guy I talked about a few weeks ago? Yeah. Pretty sure he was playing me. Whatever. I've learned a little thing about the male gender...if he doesn't want to give you the time of day, you don't deserve him. He was just a big flirt, and honestly, I'm not interested in guys like that. It just seems so high school to me. Whatever.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I don't think there's anything wrong with having love for people.

Jules AF said...

Ugh. Guys suck.

Emily J. said...

I just wanted to make sure you got this right:

If he doesn't give you the time of day, he doesn't deserve YOU. You can do much better. :)

<3

Wendyburd1 said...

The guy sounds like a jerk!

Whitney Leigh said...

Was Muslim done and over with that quickly?

WHAT ABOUT THE SWICKET??