Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer summarized (haha....alliteration)



It's been quite the summer, and I've decided I'm going to update this more now that I'm going to college...




Well...June was an interesting month. Lots of different things happened that were pretty cool, if you ask me. I did work my butt off (and survived my psycho supervisor) and I went to the dam at Flaming Gorge (haha, and used the dam bathrooms....I crack myself up!!) and we rafted down the Green River which was SUCH a blast. Becky Belnap with that can....hilarious. About a day after that, I went to Pine View with Whitney and her family, McCall, Brant, and Andy. We had a blast there, and I experienced wakeboarding for the first time!! I then experienced my most embarassing moments, ever, but I won't go into detail with that....so if you really care and want to ask me, and I like you and trust you, then I'll tell you.

July....lots of mission calls. We've got Adam going to (drum roll please....) New Zealand! JJ going to (another drum roll) Little Rock, Arkansas! And although Brant got his call in August....(drum roll again) Jackson, Mississippi!!! Wow. *sniffle* My boys are growing up...(they're practially my brothers, so it's like family having all this happen). Oh, and I bought a car, which is fairly exciting. Her name is Stella and she's a little '92 red Honda Civic. Haha, I named her Stella after that woman in "A Streetcar Named Desire." That way, if I stall or I turn a corner really crazy, I can scream, "STELLA!!!" Woo. :)


And we're here in August. I'm sitting here, watching Michael Phelps kick trash on the television. I just got back a couple of days ago from my weekend trip to Wyoming, which was pretty much the most fun I've had in such a long time. :) I got up on a wakeboard again! (courtesy to Briana for driving the boat so that I could get up and to Justin for having faith in me...you just gotta have a little faith!) I was sad to have to get back home and face the reality that my life is very much changing in the next couple weeks. College soon...lots of internal conflict going on right now. It's alright. People survive it all the time. :)

In the immortal words of Brant Thurgood (in regards to Michael Phelps kicking MAJOR trash in the olympics)....
"I love America!"

No comments: