Wednesday, December 22, 2010

des soucis

Tonight was oh-so-lovely.

There are times when I look at the lot I've been given in life and ask, "Why me?"
We all do. We're human. We consistently look for what's missing instead of seeing what we've got.
Boy, do I got a lot.

Let's start with the father always willing to help with my poor Stella (who had a mishap a few days ago) (and Stella's my car).

The mother I call from outside the auto repair shop, stranded, with my credit card declined, and she laughs at me (I soon join her).

Then the wonderful people I'm blessed to call friends. The missionaries. The roommates (past and present). And the girls (who I had the chance to be with tonight).

Even as I sat tonight, hearing Transatlanticism come on twice in the movie we were watching, I remembered the people who helped me out when things were down. Everybody mentioned above. And more. Then Your Song was playing on my stereo when I got in the car. That takes me back. And that makes me realize that no matter what happens, those people will be there for me. They're the rocks. The ones that will never fail. Come marshmallow guns and killer sprinklers, I will always have those people.

"It's not time to worry yet."
And even if it was, they'd all be there.

1 comment:

Whitney Leigh said...

I like how the link about not worrying yet is the post right below this one. and i'll just assume i fall under the "and more" category.