Friday, May 7, 2010

les mains

"there was a railing along the bottom five steps: i grabbed it with my free hand and held on. skilled watchmaker's fingers closed over mine and gently unwound them."
the hiding place.

......................................................................................................

it's no secret that i love hands.

i've told many people, and i'm sure i'll tell many more.
it's sometimes the thing that i fall in love with when it comes to men.
not lying.

perhaps it's because i've been playing the piano since i was seven. knowing what hands are capable of has made me appreciate them.

or maybe it's because i would be nothing without my hands. i wouldn't type 90 + wpm i like to type. i'm a bit of a nerd. i wouldn't play the piano. i wouldn't draw. i wouldn't cook. i would miss my hands.

or maybe it's because they're comforting. to me, they're like eyes. they can tell a lot about a soul. with every scar, with every freckle, every callous, you can see their story.
love lost. music memorized. battles conquered.

come, and hold my hand.

1 comment:

Whitney Leigh said...

"I had the rumblies in my tumblies that only HANDS would satisfy."

Sorry. That was probably inappropriate for the theme of this post. I love it though, and totally agree.