Sunday, April 26, 2009

I forgot how much I like reading...

Officially done with my second semester of college. Woo. Go me.

I've been home since Wednesday (which has been nice....sometimes Provo just grates on you...blech), and I went to the library Thursday. Haha, yes, I know. I'm a nerd. My gracious friend told me so lovingly on the phone.

"You're out of school for a day and you're already going to the library?"

"Well, it's just because I didn't have...I'm just...." [silence] "...ya. I am."

Haha. Whatever. What's worse, though, is that I got three books that are on my list of books to read, and I'm already halfway through the third book. But what really amazes me is that I haven't been reading all day, every day. I've actually been really productive the days that I finished those books. It's kind of amazing, though, what you can accomplish when you have no social life at night and all you decide to read. It would be different if my guy friends were home, and not spread across the world like they are...but whatever. They're doing better things than leaving me alone on a Friday night (that was sincere...I don't know if my sincerity translated very well).

Hopefully I'll find a job this week. I'm just waiting to hear from one place, and I'm turning in an application for another place either tomorrow or Tuesday. Things are good. It's nice just to chillax and not worry about turning in papers or reading a stupid government book that I just want to burn.

Hope you all have a good week!

16 comments:

Jules AF said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with reading all day, every day, unless you have something else you HAVE to do. I salute your reading. sigh.

Wendyburd1 said...

Anything amazingly good you read?

Kristina P. said...

What a nice, relaxing feeling!

Whitney R said...

I LOVE reading. I'm on my second one since school's been out. But I've been keeping pretty busy. I can't get a library card! It's like over a hundred bucks cause I'm out of the county - but we own land in that county. I'm dying... Jaren keeps saying he's workin on it. But I'm getting impatient!

Congratulations on ending your second semester!! Enjoy the freedom for a while. :)

Whitney Leigh said...

sorry for making fun of you. :)

If you want a good read, try Nickel and Dimed on (not) getting by in America. It's pretty interesting. and I wouldn't be mad if you finished it tonight and wrote me a four page paper by tomorrow. :)

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, by the time the semester winds down, I am totally craving an easy-read fiction-type novel. I get so sick of textbooks! I totally know where you're coming from.

Wendyburd1 said...

Hey I looked for your email but can't find one. I am emailing something out on Friday that I can't post on my blog, but want to include you so if it feels comfortable, could you email me your email address?

Kristina P. said...

Hey, I just wanted to check in with you! You've been gone far too long!

Kayleigh said...

Sorry guys. I've been absent!! I never have my laptop with me anymore, which made blogging a lot more easily accessible.

Jules AF said...

I was coming over here to say the same thing as Kristina. WHERE ARE YOU???

Whitney Leigh said...

Don't worry. Kayleigh is alive. I saw her tonight. She just sucks at blogging during the summer. We probably won't be hearing much from her until fall.

Karyl said...

Hi Kayleigh, This is mom showing Granny how to comment to you.

Whitney Leigh said...

ok Kayleigh, It's fall now. where is your blog???

Jules AF said...

Amen, Whitney, amen.

Kristina P. said...

Kayleigh, are you coming back now?

Whitney Leigh said...

whoa. did you go on a sabbatical? Everyone is so worried.