Monday, January 26, 2009

Change: Maybe Not As Bad As I Thought

I've always found it fascinating in life how quickly things can change from one direction to another, whether for the worse or for the better.

There have been moments where my life has drastically changed and I'd be sitting there, hating how things were. I know in moments like that, I always look at how my life had been a week earlier and how blissfully unaware I was that within a few days, what I believed about my life would be completely altered. For a person who has always hated change (most forms of it, anyway), that can be a pretty harrowing experience.

Like, for instance, when I had a terrible run-in with one of my supervisors from one of my previous jobs. I won't go into detail, but honestly...it left me scared to go to work for about two weeks, and the rest of the time I worked there, I was constantly on pins and needles. I remember thinking to myself at the end of that day, when I was singing praises that 5:00 had come and I could go home, how different I had felt just 24 hours previously.

Then there are those experiences that are life-altering, but in a good way. Where 10 days before, what you thought was a pretty decent place in life, something that you could be happy with, suddenly turns completely around all in the course of less than a couple weeks. But turns around for the better. It still fascinates me, having lived through quite a few of both of these kinds of experiences in my 19 years of being alive.

6 comments:

Jules AF said...

I was totally going to write a blog about how much I HAAAATEEE change But here you are, slightly beating me to the punch. I just hate when things change. So good for you for realizing it's not that bad. I cannot promise the same from me.

Kristina P. said...

I've never really fought against change. Sometimes I don't like it, but it's often for the best.

Sarah said...

Thanks for the post Kayleigh, I feel better now I know how you are feeling. Maybe the "situation" happened to help you get past the "other situation" hope it works!!")

Whitney Leigh said...

haha sarah i feel so awesome because i totally know what you're talking about.

Sarah said...

Kristina P. Love the picture, I'm guessing those are your Christmas Presents.:) How do you like that miraculous blanket thing? (can't remember what they are called)

Whitney Leigh said...

I don't feel awesome anymore because I don't know who Sarah is nor what she is talking about.