Monday, November 10, 2008

Sick

I am overwhelmingly under the weather right now. I woke up this morning from a really terrible dream, and I couldn't figure out why it was so terrible. But then I realized, as I was turning over on my now-comfortable-thanks-to-my-mother-who-found-a-mattress-pad-for-my-hundred-year-old mattress, I was sick. Stomach flu, most likely. In fact, I'm 101% positive it was the stomach flu. So, trying to talk myself out of the nausea, I tossed and turned for ten minutes, but then gave myself up to the bug that was in my stomach. Yuck.

So that went on for about an hour. I was trying to sleep so I could at least go up to campus at 9:00 this morning to turn in my paper for my religion class, but it wasn't working so well. I finally had to go wake up my poor roommate, Allison, and beg her to turn in my paper for me (because I read on the syllabus yesterday, thank goodness, that he doesn't take emails...glad I knew that). I didn't have to beg very long because she was more than willing to wake up and do that for me. She pretty much saved me today.

Now I'm feeling better. I'm always violently ill for a few hours in the morning, and then I'm fine the rest of the day. But it's 2:30 in the afternoon, I'm sitting in my cut-off sweats, long socks, and mocassins (really, I look super cute) and I just want to go shower, but one of my other roommates is in there, dang it. So here I am. Blogging about how great the day's gone so far. Haha. In all reality, though, I did sleep more than I normally would, and I missed class (which is good and bad). It's cool. Hopefully things will look up.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you get better soon!

I think someone needs to participate in an online scavenger hunt and win a blog makeover! Fun!

Whitney Leigh said...

Kayleigh, I want to bring you soup! but, its rainy and i don't have any soup...i'm such a crappy bff.

Whitney R said...

That is a cute get up combo.

I'm sorry your sick, too! Barfing is the worst. Good thing you have amazing roommates to help you out :) I hope you feel even better by now

Kayleigh said...

Kristina, I think someone does need to participate in an online scavenger hunt. Definitely a good I'm-going-to-procrastinate-my-physics-homework activity.

Whitney Leigh - Yes. You are a crappy BFF. I *hate* you. :D Hahaha.

Whitney R. - Everybody has been sick lately! It's ridiculous. Or it's November, when everybody comes down with something. I do feel tons better now, thanks. :) I hope your cold is better.

Whitney Leigh said...

"I *hate* you."

died.