Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My kind of rain

I love the smell of rain.

You hear of people everywhere who love the rain, and up until just recently, I wasn't one of them. Maybe there was some sort of negative experience I had when I was younger which I subconsciously associated with the rain...who knows (you can tell I've been reading too much out of my psychology book). It wasn't until my creative writing class this past year in high school where I began to gain an appreciation for the beautiful nature of rain.

I have found that when it rains, everything just looks more colorful. Although the sky is completely bleak and gray (sometimes even black), it almost enhances the colors in everything else in the world. The trees on campus today just looked greener and the grass seemed especially bright.

In my normally stuffy apartment, Candice (my roommate) decided to open the windows. I had been napping, and I woke up and smelled the fresh air from outside and saw that it had been raining. It hit me then how much I truly love the rain. The air smelled so amazing. And walking home from Kasey's apartment a few doors down, it was just drizzling, but it was so beautiful. So cleansing, in a way.

Allow me my cheesy, poetic moment right now, but I felt so renewed by walking outside. I felt like anything could happen, and everything was going to be okay.

2 comments:

mariposa said...

Hey! Just wanted to let you know I really like your post. If you ever get the chance, I'd love to hear your opinion of my blog.

Whitney Leigh said...

it's raining right now. soooo eventful.