Sunday, April 13, 2008

"I have crossed the threshold!"

What a crazy week! I think there was one day last week where I was home for more than thirty minutes right after work. It was insane! A little too busy for my taste, but, as Miss Merrell says (quoting John Lennon, of course) "Life happens when you're busy making other plans." Which is most definitely the truth.

I participated in my first poetry reading for our Shades literary magazine, and I have to say, that was a very awesome experience. Definitely something I recommend for something at least once in life, just so you know what it's like. Haha, a funny thing that happened there was with a guy that I am in student government with. He's got this long, blonde hair, and Whit said that while I was reading my poem, she saw him in the doorway of the little theater, and she was like, "Kayleigh, I just looked over for like a second, and I saw him and his hair was like, blowing in this draft that was coming from somewhere in this room and he was just leaning up against the doorway with his arms crossed. He looked like one of those models with the fans!" Haha, it was one of those 'you-had-to-have-been-there' moments, but I was laughing pretty hard, because you gotta know the guy to appreciate it. I also got to help out with the special needs play in our community, and I got to put make-up on them and it was so much fun! I had so much fun with all of them, and they were just so nice and friendly. Thanks to McCall for inviting me!

Anyways....can't really think of everything that happened this week right now. It was more fun to live it than to write about it right now, which isn't always the case with my life, but I'm okay with that for now. :)

1 comment:

Whitney Leigh said...

was that Aaron?

I'm dying.